Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back in London

It's been a while since I've written a post so I apologise. I should also apologise that I'm doing this while tipsy. Having spent less than two weeks in my London house with the housemates in the last two months, we decided to pick up some wine and cheese tonight and celebrate being back in London.

So after leaving Edinburgh (tear) in mid August, I returned to London for a day before flying to Melbourne for two weeks to vote and to turn 25. It was probably the only two weeks of the year where Melbourne was colder than Edinburgh. Lucky me. Despite the chill, there was something familiar and comforting about a Melbourne winter - noticeably different from the much harsher UK chill. Melbourne was just as I remembered it, minus, Lounge Downstairs on Swanston St. No more 2 for 1 cocktails and yummy pizzas.

A few weeks ago, I began compiling a list of food from Melbourne that I missed most. I decided to tackle that list during my Melbourne stay. Papa Gino's, Vue de Monde, Amigos, Flower Drum, Max Brenner, Hairy Canary, Hellenic Republic, Little Cupcakes - I am still recovering from the marathon food fest.

Now back in London, it's back to business with the start of my job hunt this week. I'm excited and looking forward to re-entering the workforce, having spent the last four months travelling. Wish me luck.

1 comment: