Monday, September 6, 2010

Next Phase - Work

I can't believe I forgot to mention - I start work tomorrow.

Last Friday I registered with a recruitment agency for some temp work. I asked for administration work in various industries, so doing what I know while getting a taste of the different other industries that exist. Up to now, I have only worked in local government and retail.

My first post will be with a property developer near where I live, offering admin and reception support. I expect to be there for three weeks covering for someone. I'm really looking forward to it, as it's been four months since I left my last workplace. Four months of not setting alarm clocks, not wearing business attire and not living by any routine. The latter has been the most rewarding and simultaneously difficult. It seems that I thrive on purpose, direction and discipline.

The summer of travel has been fun... sooooo much fun. But, as the London air gets chillier and we say goodbye to summer, I am ready to enter the next phase of this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment