Sunday, November 14, 2010

Run, Mo, Run!

What gets a sane person out of bed at 7:30am on a Saturday to travel to the other side of London on a chilly late autumn winter morning? The 10km Mo Run in Greenwich Park, of course. No, I didn't run myself - don't be silly. I did, instead, marshall while wearing a flattering fluoro yellow vest and cheered on those much fitter and braver than me.

Over a thousand men and women registered to take part I believe. And what a great opportunity to see those 'Mo's in progress,' just under halfway into the month. There were real ones and fake ones, thick ones and bushy ones, pink ones and gaffer tape ones. There were also sumo suits, tiger face masks and bath robes. I have no explanation for those, except perhaps that growing a mo is inducive of creativity. (Hey, another reason to get involved guys!)

It's still not too late to register and be part of Movember. There are already over 101,000 participants registered in the UK who have collectively raised almost £3mil! To put this into perspective, last year, 45,000 participants registered in total in the UK and raised a grand total of £5mil. I think it's safe to say we're well on the way to exceeding that figure in 2010. And in the meantime, I would suggest keeping your eyes peeled while on the train or walking down the street - there are some damn handsome mo's emerging.

PS. A big thanks to those who have donated to my page so far - £145 raised already! Below is a link to donate to me, but remember, you can donate to any Mo Bro or Mo Sista you know (doesn't have to be me). The money's all going to a great cause - The Prostate Cancer Charity in the UK or Prostate Cancer Foundation and Beyond Blue in Australia.
http://uk.movember.com/donate/your-details/member_id/628786/

No comments:

Post a Comment